With a variety of local, regional, and state resources, new and existing farmers do not need to look too hard to find a program that supports them.
- Monacan Soil & Water Conversation District
- Provides farmers with soil and water erosion assistance, administering the Virginia Conversation Assistance & Cost Share Program. They host training and education programs as well.
- Goochland County Cooperative Extension Office
- Provides agribusinesses with soil testing, fay and forage testing, equipment, farm management consulting, and field visits and technical assistance. They host training and education programs as well.
- Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services - Resources for New and Beginning Farmers
- This page provides new farmers with an array of public resources to help farmers establishing their operations.
- Virginia Foundation for Agriculture, Innovation, and Rural Sustainability
- Provides resources, business planning support, and grant assistance to Virginia farmers.
- James River Association's James River Buffer Program
- The James River Buffer Program exists to help landowners based in the James River watershed install riparian buffers on their properties.
- Southern SARE
- USDA's Farmers.gov
- Virginia Farm Bureau
- Virginia's Agricultural Cost-Share Program
- Farm conservation practice's prevent polluted runoff from fouling local streams and the Bay. Virginia's Agricultural Cost-Share Program provides financial and technical support to farmers to implement these practices and projects. It is managed by the Department of Conversation & Recreation
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Streamside Fencing & VA's Agricultural Cost-Share Program
- VADACS Agriculture & Forestry Industries Development (AFID) Facilities Grant
- Foodshed Capital
- Locus Impact Lending
- USDA Grants & Loans
- Grants and loans offered by the USDA include farm loans, housing assistance, crop and livestock insurance, federal state marketing improvement programs, farmers market promotion programs, an organic cost share program, among others geared toward farmers.
Below are just a few of the producer associations for farmers to join. To learn more about the different associations, contact the Goochland County Extension Office.
- Virginia Grain Producers Association
- Organic Farmers Association
- National Association of Wheat Growers
- National Farmers Association
- Virginia State Beekeepers Association
- Virginia Cattleman's Association