Businesses in Goochland contain a crop of smart employees who are ready to work. An abundance of education and training opportunities means that employees will be able to enhance current skills or learn new ones to keep up with the needs of a growing company.
Goochland County draws on outstanding education resources from the Richmond region at large. Goochland is home to solid public school systems as well as top-notch private and parochial schools. A full range of college prep, dual enrollment, and honors/advanced placement classes are available.
Public & Private Schools
Goochland plants the seeds early for a skilled, educated workforce. While in primary and secondary school, students have the opportunity to pursue a variety of rigorous academic programs, such as Gifted and Talented and Enrichment, dual enrollment classes, honors classes, and Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Furthermore more than 70 % of students are enrolled in a career and technical education course. View education statistics for Goochland County.
- All schools in Goochland County are fully accredited by the Virginia Department of Education
- 62% of graduates are enrolled in post secondary education
Career and technical education centers supplement these courses with an array of trade and industry classes as well as apprenticeship training.
Goochland County is also located in close proximity to some of the nation's best four-year colleges and universities, including:
- University of Richmond (10 miles)
- Virginia Commonwealth University (15 miles)
- Randolph-Macon College (23 miles)
- Virginia Union University (30 miles)
- University of Virginia (34 miles)
- Longwood University (40 miles)
- Virginia State University (40 miles)
Nationally acclaimed undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs are available in courses of study such as business, engineering, law, and medicine.